27 August 2010
26 August 2010
- Whole Grain Oatmeal with Cherry flavored Craisins
- Handful of Costco Trail Mix
- Pink Lady Apple - my current favorite
- Salad from Ralph's salad bar - including spinach, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, mandarin oranges and roasted chicken. YUM.
- Garlic hummus and TJ's baked blue corn tortilla chips
- handful of Wheat Thins
- like 20 Orange Tic-Tacs (impulse buy)
- handful of Chocolate alphabet cookies
- 1 can of Diet Dr. Pepper
What I wish I was eating? Chocolate covered Peanut Butter Sandwich from Disneyland. yup.
that's it so far...
24 August 2010
16 August 2010
Ok, how do I choose? I have multiple favorites. But if we are defining favorites by I've liked it for 10+ years and can recite the whole movie in my head?
Then the answer would be Clueless.
What else could a 13 year old ask for in a movie? Great Fashion, Witty remarks, Popularity, Cute Boys...the list goes on and on.
And apparently my movie taste hasn't changed in 15 years. sweet.
Here are some things about me completely inspired by this film:
- I still have a large movie star crush on Paul Rudd
- I tried to (and pretty successfully achieved) bringing this look into style at my middle school:
The one Cher is wearing, spaghetti strap shirt over a white t-shirt.
- "Rollin with the Homies" is still one of my favorite hip-hop songs.
- I still try to achieve many-a-hair styles as seen in this movie (unsuccessfully)
- Everytime I pass Melrose I get excited because that's where Cher took her walk when she realized she's in love with Josh.
Oh, I love this movie.
13 August 2010
I should've warned accordingly that I would not be posting in consecutive days. It's just how I roll.
But I did write down my activities from Wednesday, so enjoy.
- Woke up groggy as ever, ignoring signs I’m getting sick, I went for a run.
- Boarded train, did my make-up, immediately fell asleep – yes I am that person with their mouth wide open and head back getting in their morning nap.
- Seriously reconsidering next Spring.
- Ate delicious Trader Joe’s spicy hummus for lunch – seriously addicted.
- Left work early to go to the OC FAAAIIIRRR.
- Stopped at McDonald’s to avoid an overpriced fair dinner, but save room for an overpriced/overfried fair dessert.
- Got in for “free” with back-to-school donations!
- Touched many fair animals including but not limited to: baby chicks, baby piggies, baby sheepies, baby goaties. I was in heaven.
- Couldn’t take the smell any longer, we shared cheese and ranch Australian fried potatoes (best/worst choice ever!)
- Paid $2 to see the huge cow…and man, they weren’t joking.
- Got in our free ride – included with the free admission – and picked one so scary even Robert was speechless.
- Ate overpriced fried Klondike and Snickers bars
- Woke up in the middle of the night with a gigantic stomach ache.
10 August 2010
day 1: introduce yourself
day 2: make a bulleted list of everything that happened in your day
day 3: your favorite movie
day 4: a photo of you taken over ten years ago
day 5: a letter to your crush
day 6: list of what you ate today
day 7: a youtube video you find funny
day 8: a photo of you taken recently
day 9: list some of your favorite tumblrs
day 10: a letter to the person you hate most or caused you a lot of pain
day 11: share your favorite recipe
day 12: we want to see your teeth today / post a self-portrait
day 13: whatever tickles your fancy
day 14: a song from your childhood
day 15: a letter to someone you wish you could meet
day 16: provide pictures of 5 celebrity crushes
day 17: a photo that makes you sad
day 18: set or share a goal
day 19: whatever tickles your fancy
day 20: a letter to someone that changed your life
day 21: your favorite television program
day 22: a photo that makes you happy
day 23 share one of your current favorite tunes
day 24 time to face morph / http://morph.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk//transformer/
day 25: a letter to someone you judged by their first impression
day 26: favorite books
day 27: a talent of yours
day 28: favorite places to shop
day 29 provide the hex code of your favorite color /http://www.febooti.com/products/iezoom/online-help/online-color-chart-picker.html
day 30: a letter to the friendliest person you knew for only one day
day 31: whatever tickles your fancy
day 32: a photo you took
day 33: what you’re craving right now
day 34: your favorite quote
day 35: a letter to an ex
day 36: some hobbies of yours
day 37: a song that you like to dance to
day 38: a photo of your parent(s)
day 39: zodiac sign and do you think it fits your personality
day 40: a letter to a deceased person you wish you could talk to
day 41: whatever tickles your fancy
day 42: bad habit(s) you have
day 43: a picture of your favorite place in the world
day 44: something that fascinates you and why
day 45: a letter to yourself a year ago
day 46: photos of personal things in your life (pets, family, house, ect)
day 47: birthday wish list
day 48: a photo of you right now
day 49: hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
day 50: a letter to your reflection in the mirror
My Name is Kari Lynn Williams. Before I was married I would sign my name "K. Simonsen" knowing someday my prince would come and change my last name - I am forever grateful I took advantage of my last name while I had it. I've been married for 1 year, 8 months and 24 days. My husband and I work for the same company. Sometimes this is fun. We live in Tustin and have dreams of buying a home on one of the many beautiful tree-lined streets of North Orange County someday. I wear glasses sometimes. I only paint my toe-nails red these days. I love baking and putting cute treats on cute plates for people to enjoy. And I long deeply for motherhood.
That really is me in a nutshell.
05 August 2010
I do love that Robert and I are at a point in our marriage where we can spend weekends and nights away from each other and call each other and be okay with being alone. But still, lingering somewhere in between the lines is...a jealous, a lonely, and drifting hint of "why am I here...and you...there?"
And I know that lingering will last forever, with this I am happy.
((Ok the jealousy part comes from the fact that he might go see/listen to Weezer perform at this year's US Open in HB. Oh I miss that place.))