As of late:
• They have food network and hgtv in our hotel room in SLC, I see no reason to leave all day while roberts in class.
• I feel like everytime I watch Ina Garten she makes mussels, I really want to try them sometime, I always chicken out, literally.
• I ate the most delicious salad for lunch at Blue Lemon, fresh fast gourmet needs to be more common.
• Since being in Utah I've successfully napped and sleeped EmmaJane sans swing multiple times and I feel like a champion.
• Chocolate covered cinnamon bears from the BYU bookstore make a good breakfast when stuck in a hotel room without food.
• I forgot EmmaJane's nail clippers and it's starting to look like she has a nice french tip manicure going on, but they're really little disguised razor blades.
• I could hang out on temple square all day, especially the Joseph Smith Building, I love a good chandelier.
• I didn't bring enough diapers for miss poopy pants, I swear the mountain air has proven as a laxative for her.
• I really want to eat at the cracker barrel while we're here.
• Robert strained his back BAD, he can't even drive. He gets some sort of sickness on every vacation we've ever been on.
• I'm officially asking for white cooking wine for christmas.
• The other night we were driving back to our friends house where we were staying and EmmaJane woke up and was screaming louder than I've heard in a while so I just drove fast figuring she was hungry, when we get there I go to get her out and her bow is over her eyes, bad mom moment. We now have a no bows in the car rule.
04 October 2011
As of late:
08 August 2011
04 May 2011
03 May 2011
Remember how I thought I was fat in this picture?? Honey I hadn't seen nothing yet. Ha.
While half of my weight/enlargement is a big ole belly protruding from my body that I couldn't be happier about (really, I knew I'd get fat, that's not what this post is about - entirely), sometimes I stumble across pictures of my without-child self and I can honestly say, I have no recollection as to what it's like to not have a baby in your belly that you are always aware of.
Especially now that she kicks, she squirms, she burrows.
What was it like to be able to run 5 miles, sweat beyond what I thought I could sweat, nearly pass out, eat every 5 hours (instead of 1.5), work on house projects all day long without sofa-sitting breaks every half hour and drink Diet Coke at my leisure?
What was it like?!
It's really a bizarre feeling. Getting my body back to myself (for the most part - minus nursing), is going to be SO strange, I feel like I've been pregnant and have been limiting myself because it's not just ME, for years (and it's only been 7 months).
If there's anything I know, it's that I will forever be happy with my body whilst not pregnant, because man I looked and FELT gooooood. And that will be me at this time next year, but BONUS I'll have a sweet little babe to care for. win win!!
21 April 2011
I watched it last week after I decided to stay home after some rather unpleasant side-effects from my blood glucose level test (passed! woo!), and I keep reliving this scene in my mind among many.
18 March 2011
15 February 2011
11 February 2011
But...currently I have a migraine, am nauseated, my back is killing me, my arm hurts from the dTAP vaccine I got yesterday, my head feels fuzzy from the dTAP vaccine I got yesterday and I am so tired I could go to sleep right now for the rest of the day - and not regret it.
Why Heavenly Father decided pregnancy has to be so tough on our bodies is beyond me. But I am growing a human being, and that's pretty awesome.
19 January 2011
Dear weird man hired by another company that works on the same project as my company:
I knew you were 'off' from the first minute we met.
Dear everyone else:
I called it.
In pregnancy related news: I hate that I don't know what's going to taste AMAZING until after I've ordered/picked out my food. Often what tastes good is either what Robert ordered and not me or the pasta at the salad bar that I didn't get enough of. c'est la vie.
14 January 2011
Me as I would be painted by Botticelli:
Me as an East-Asian:
In other news I had my first irrational crying session last night due to pregnancy. This time I was crying because I had forgot to tell Robert about the sandwich I brought home for him (and left on the counter so it wasn't good anymore) after him asking me what he should eat for dinner at least 10 times as I laid on the couch miserable. I cried so hard it made me lose my dinner. awesome.