08 April 2009

polish savvy.

When I was a teenager I remember mixing nail polish colors together trying so hard to get the right color that I couldn't find at any store and then...I discovered OPI and Essie and have never been dissapointed.
Last summer it was my obsession with finding a mustard yellow nail polish color...and thus appeared like something out of the heavens as I was wandering my way through Ulta (spending way to much money already) this little beauty.
It was the color on my nails that following weekend when Robert proposed to me...
And today, once again Essie did not let me down as I once again was at Ulta buying my much need face lotion, etc and as I stepped towards the cash register I found this little devil...
Oh it's so turqouisey and wonderful I can barely wait to get home and paint my nails and toes. seriously. Oh and there was a bluer one just waiting for me...next time.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

kari, no lie, my finernails were that exact color when i got engaged. i have the photo right here on my desk. this is crazy :)

Kimberly said...

I love OPI, spend way too much time and money at Ulta, and used to mix colors. Good thing we're friends! I never mixed to get a certain color, though, it was more of an experiment because I had this shimmery white/purple (depending on the light) that would change colors with other polish, but not what you'd expect. Like, I'd mix it with red and get green. Ah, good times.