05 January 2009

on forgetting.

So it's like the time I ran the 1/2 marathon, you see running 20 miles a week puts somewhat of a strain on your body and i soon could not walk as fast as my male counterpart due to achey muscles. And ever since I feel as if i have not recovered, I have become a slow walker. Now granted my dad used to call me "speedboat" to use sarcasm in the fact that i was slow, but i was little then and my puny little legs just didn't move like the rest of the kids.
In light of this I have also become forgetful. I thought it would go away after the wedding i really did. But now i find myself cutting apples and walking away from them and grabbing my purse and walking out the door. Or sometimes I remember in time and walk in and out of our apartment about 10 times before i finally make it all the way down the stairs. ok maybe 10 was an exaggeration but really i think my record is 4...3 days in a row.
So what is it that's on my mind forcing me to forget all mundane tasks...decorating. our apartment has maybe 3 pictures/whiteboards on the walls and it is driving me crazy. what's worse? I often sit paralyzed because i have no idea where to start, there's so much! and i love the task don't get me wrong...but it is awfully daunting at this point. Thus why i am constantly watching HGTV and the Style network.
First step: silhouettes.

No comments: