13 January 2009

ahem.

One new year's resolution that I have that I technically started soon after the wedding: own more high-heels.
I used to be strong in my anti-high heel-ness being an advocate of ballet flats of all shapes, sizes and colors but with my 2 pairs of 1 inch heels I find myself craving more...like a chocolate chip cookie, but one that makes you feel fabulous and skinny and beautiful.


Also, this day, January 13th, I realized that the reason I was (and am) so hot is because I live a good 5 miles from the beach now, up on a hill, that is practically Costa Mesa (but oh how we hold onto our Newport Beach zip code for dear life), this equals=no mother freakin ocean breeze! gah! How I miss my beach home! This startling realization led me to home shopping on Zillow for anything anything closer...my craziest obsession today (besides making chocolate chip cookies that don't flatten like cow pies) a $390, 000 home near Lido island in Newport beach, 998 sq. ft. 2 bed 2 bath. barely bigger than our apt now. but it would be ours. (http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/39-Cabrillo-St-111-Newport-Beach-CA-92663/61645166_zpid/)


by the way, I did it!

(oh and yes those are Scarlet red Fiesta dishes...dreams do come true!)

4 comments:

rantipoler said...

Hey, I have Fiesta dishes, too. They're fabulous. In a way, I'm kinda glad JC is so short, since it's gives me a perfect excuse not to wear heels. The weird thing is that last night I dreamed I was having trouble walking around in heels. Kinda like I do in real life . . .

Janica said...

I was drooling over those cookies and Mike says he expects some on Monday. :)

dre said...

kar bear! we miss you! and i'm glad to see that you've made a decision to get MORE high heeled shoes. congratulations! i just got a pair during lunch today. some might say its close a 5 inch heel (4.75 to be exact). They are AMAZING!

Meg said...

WE HAVE THE SAME DISHES!! how weird is that?! ours are red and white. i'm thinking about adding a teal color one day. but for now, just the red and white.