12 September 2008

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas.

I love these gringo enchiladas I made last night, enjoy!

6 flour soft taco size tortillas
one chicken breast (grilled and cubed or shredded)
4 oz. cream cheese
1 jar mild or hot salsa (any one you like)
1 small tub of sour cream
mexican cheese blend

Preheat oven to 350
Cube cream cheese in bowl and add just grilled chicken. Blend until cheese become melted. Add half of the salsa. set aside.
Combine sour cream with other half of salsa, you can also add cayenne pepper for extra seasoning.
spread a layer of sour cream mixture on the bottom of a 4x6 baking dish.
heat tortillas.
Spread a handful size of cream cheese mixture in tortilla, roll and place in dish, seam side down.
Repeat for all tortillas.
drizzle the top with left over sour cream mixture. Add a layer of the mexican cheese blend.
Cook in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and you can see bubbling. Serves 2-3 people.

YUM! I also like to dip mine in hot sauce!

3 comments:

kentandnellie said...

Kari-I am so happy you posted this recipe. Kent and I decided we want to make enchiladas for dinner tomorrow night, but I didn't have a recipe. I am set now. Thanks!

TREVOR Simonsen said...

you are a nut

Anonymous said...

Kari! I never knew you had a blog, till Kim and Josh sent me your way. How are things! I'm so excited for you to get married! Hope all is well!

love you
becca