05 September 2008

first things first.

So i started school this week, and so far so OK. Usually I'm all pumped up the first week of school, loving my major and stoked to get smarter...but this year, it's not that I'm unmotivated, I'm just like "meh." My classes are good, and as Karen Kleinfelder put it (my 20th c. art proffessor) "Alot of you are really smart, like really, but nothing has ever been asked of you that's out of your comfort zone." and it's so true, I've always just skated by in school. Part of me says this semester can be different, considering it's my last, and part of me says yea right, it'll be just like the rest. we'll see...I'd like to graduate with at least a 3.8. All in all it should be good I just have to keep my priorities in check telling myself, "NO kari you don't need to go to Target and get a cute shelf to put in your bathroom, you do need to write your term paper though!" argh! so excited to live a normal married life!

In other news we got our apartment! It's in Newport Beach almost to Costa Mesa. Just a little 650 square footer with stainless steel appliances, granite counters and a 42" flat screen TV! I know right?! Needless to say after school yesterday I hurried over there and "read" as I watched Food Network, aaahhh cable I've missed you so...






Also, we're in the process of taking our engagements with Dre! We took some on Monday but ran out of light so we're going back on Saturday! I like them all so far, but here's one from the top of my list

ok ok this one too

bride-to-be. busy bee. that's me.



2 comments:

Kat said...

OMG such cute pictures for your engagement!! And i love the kitchen in your apartment, or the picture of what yours looks like. Swanky!! Congrats!

Becki said...

I love these shots! I'm so excited for you guys!