16 December 2009

my brother's an artist.


Ever since I can remember Trevor has been an artist.

My first memories of his drawings were in Sacrament meeting when the time came when we were finally allowed to scribble all over the program. As we both drew furiously in an attempt to stay awake throughout the meeting (don't judge.) I quickly started noticing his drawings were way better than mine. In my naive mind I thought I could get as good...but it never happened (hence the Art HISTORY major...).
Then 3 or so years ago after a strenuous application process to the Art Center College of Design, I received a call whilst out with some friends that he had gotten in. I was so, so proud of him.
And now, 3 years later, he not only has met and married an equally talented gal, but he has graduated with a degree in Illustration. And seriously? I know his career has really just begun and he will be big and famous soon enough but it's really awesome to have seen this all happen.

That's my little plug for my brother, I love him so much. Congrats Treee-vorr.

Now go here and give him a job!

1 comment:

TREVOR Simonsen said...

HA, Thanks Kari. You're a sweet heart