14 December 2009

11 days?!

So I really I had it all pulled together this holiday season...I had bought 75% of Robert's gifts the day after Thanksgiving and the plans were 50% done for his birthday.
But then I was at church yesterday and our sweet RS presidency insisted on reminding all of us that there were "12 days til Christmas!" To which an immediate feeling of panic came over me. So here is my list of things I would like to get done pre December 22nd (in order for me to actually be able to enjoy my short-lived Christmas break)...


  • Mop kitchen floor...if you could only see the things splattered on there you'd be convinced I was one of those pack-rat people on the a&e.
  • Put up curtains.
  • Put on new duvet cover which was purchase 2 weeks ago now.
  • bake. bake. bake.
  • Entertain friends.
  • bake. bake. bake.
  • Finish buying presents for Robert's side of the fam.
  • De-sanitize downstairs bathroom after our over-flowing toilet incident that put poop-water all over everything (including the rug I was going to return - blast.)
  • clean. clean. clean.
  • Spend time with my niece/little sister before she moves to Hawaii like a big girl.
  • Host a birthday party for the nicest/handsomest/gentlest/calmest man I know.
  • bake. bake. bake. (this time for work peeps.)

I think that's all... I could really be wrong. The key? Do it all with a smile on my face, because it's Chwistmas!

Favorite memory about this time of year: Christmas 2007, Robert and I's first real Christmas together and me realizing that this man LIVES for Christmas especially Disneyland Christmastime. and each year i get to remember it all over again...I love being married to someone who is just as set on having a classic Christmas as me!

No comments: