12 May 2009

heartbroken.


So, for as long as I can remember when asked that fateful question of "Whose your favorite actor/actress?" I would say "Tom Hanks"...but now I feel just like I felt when I had a misunderstanding with a best friend and ending up losing that friend in the process (love you mega.)...Tom Hanks has broken my heart.
When news came out about what the show "Big Love" was doing, I followed the path of most of those of my faith and ignored the situation, not fueling the fire.
In this process I was ignorant to the truth behind the show was that Tom Hanks was the executive producer. Not only this but I stumbled upon some hurtful things he said concerning The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in their support of Prop. 8.
One of the worst parts about this heartbreak is I had always heard that he was such a nice guy that was never mean or too snoody...well guess that changed.
I can't even say anymore--I'm honestly hurt, it's so strange. But just to name a few, here are some of my favorite movies, all involving Tom Hanks...

-Toy Story(s)
-You've Got Mail
-That Thing You Do!
-Forrest Gump
-Sleepless in Seattle
-A League of their Own
-The 'Burbs
-Big
-The Money Pit
-Splash

ughhhhh...this is awful.

3 comments:

Shanté said...

I felt the same way when I found out about the things he said and the actions he pursued. It made me really sad because he is definitely one of my favorite actors. I'm trying not to judge him for saying what he said, it was his opinion and he has free speech, but it was really hurtful and strangely enough it felt like he was personally attacking me. To say the least it really put a damper on my day when I found out. It makes me sad because he must not have ever met a good example from the church, that's all I have to assume.

Law Rhen said...

tom hanks is my secret love affair. i even called my husband, explained who you were in full detail [and how much i love you duh] then explained to him everything you wrote. i needed someone to vent to. this makes me so sad. darn it tom! darn it to heck.

Meg said...

this is sad. but maybe tom hanks will come to his senses, much like i did, and realize he's being stupid and will be sorry for things he's said and done. :)

or maybe he'll be ridiculous...like being against mormonism, but for gay marriage. interesting little situation there. if supporting gay marriage is supporting "equal rights" then shouldn't that mean supporting someone's right to believe whatever faith they'd like to believe? hollywood hypocrites. sheesh.