07 May 2009

a few things.

1. High-waisted skirt(and a skirt everyday this week for that matter), flip-flops, no sweater and 75 degrees before 10am made my day this morning.

2. I actually charged my ipod today, my ipod is about 4 years old-really old in computer years and no longer holds a charge for longer than an hour, therefore it requires me to charge it often, which doesn't often happen.

3. Listening to MY music on the way to work, really brightened my day, it's what's been missing.

4. Today is a happy today, today is Thursday night date night! This used to be a tradition between Robert and I when I worked at Bloomingdale's and would often have to close BOTH Friday and Saturday nights, moving our date night to Thursday. It's nostalgia, it keeps our romance alive.

5. I went to our Stake Women's Conference last night and Sister Kathy Clayton spoke (married to Elder Clayton of the Seventy) and she spoke about the long tradition of women wanting to control things and listed things that we CAN'T control, things we SHOULDN'T control, and things we really DON'T WANT to control. It was really good and eye opening, it's amazing what marriage does to you as a woman. I have this child, who is grown up and won't listen to me, but he shouldn't we need to make decisions together and that is what I'm grateful for, having married someone who is smarter than me.

6. I ate an artichoke last night for dinner while watching Pride & Prejudice, I finished the artichoke but not the movie and cannot wait to indulge myself further in it today.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

tell me what she said in the talk...i think i need to read that talk.