20 March 2009

new favorites.

My new favorite place for yesterday is the Newport Walk-In Urgent Care.
Despite the girl behind the front desk who clearly needed a new vocation or a baby so she could quit or somethin, I had to ask her to repeat every word she said as it was muffled out by the blaring "Days of our Lives" in the background.
Nonetheless, I was the only person there! When have you ever heard of not having to wait at least 45 minutes in a walk-in clinic??
So she took me in, weighed me (much to my dismay as I haven't really worked out in a week), and took me into the room. Checked my vitals and asked my symptoms
"No, I'm not allergic to anything, No I'm not on medication..." which she soon realized was a lie as she said, "Could you be pregnant?" Me now realizing my answer to "Are you on any medication?" is "YES." not "NO." like it has been for 23 years...yikes, dodged that one.
Long story short, the doctor was very nice (even had the same last name as one of my college professors whose classes I always loved the best) and was very satisfied to know I don't drink or smoke and have never had an STD. I always get it "in" with the doctors this way, don't you?? They love mormons!

She gave me some antibiotics and a free sample of Nasonex--which is even more perfect for Robert. I haven't taken antibiotics since I had strep throat when I was about 9, it never seemed worth the trouble of going to the doctor and standing in horrendous pharmacy lines while through your delirious-still-sick-wish-you-could-sit-down state you start to convince yourself you need many of the overpriced goodies found in pharmacies such as the "Ped-Egg", when they finally call your name and then can't find your prescription even though you dropped it off 45 minutes earlier and even had time to go grocery shopping in between!! (No this didn't happen to me yesterday, why do you ask?)

Well, I'm feeling better already, I even did the dishes last night.

Side note: First day of Spring my you-know-what, it's the coldest it's been all week! I've been looking forward to this sweet sweet day of March for so long and you give me this Mother Nature! Srrsslllyy???

2 comments:

Natalie said...

so it's been like 65 all week here but it's supposed to snow on sunday. isn't that depressing?

also, when i went to the doctor they asked me what kind of 'protection' i use wiht my 'partner' and i had to correct her and say 'he's my husband' like 10 times. i love it.

Janica said...

Just a little FYI--Antibiotics can have an impact on the effectiveness of your birth control. Mike never let me take antibiotics after he found that out.
Yay for fast urgent care visits. They actually took that title literally.