26 March 2009

?

p.s. Why do all indie-rock art majors travel to Asia at some point in their lives? Is it a fad like smoothie joints and sushi?

I for one do enjoy the occasional indie song and majored in Art History (It's in the art buildings and I probably took more art classes than you ever will, so it counts!---excluding my awesome brother and his artist fiancee) and I have NO DESIRE to enter that continent. ever.

Of course this demise started after completing 3 years of required Asian art classes because the Art dept. was afraid they were to "Western centered" -- Well, I live in the West, and I like it here....bring on the impressionists, modernists, surrealists, renaissance-ists, and even the post-impressionists (I do love you Gaugin). That was 3 years spent worrying about things I fully intended to forget...sorry Prof. Brown.

Reason # 230, 928 that I want to live in the South, part of me feels this would not be a bother. I mean really, who from the South's ideal vacation is to Asia?

I am very conservative today.

No comments: