20 October 2008

Quirky Turky.

I got tagged by Mrs. Natalie so here it goes, my quirkys:

1. I always leave cabinet doors open and it is laziness but it's laziness in a weird way. I hate slamming cabinet doors (too loud) so in order to close them I'd have to sit there and close it slowly by hand, which takes to long, so I just leave them open. This has annoyed everyone I've ever lived with.

2. Alot of the time I go running in the morning because my body is simply addicted to it. If I don't work out in the morning and get that burst of cold air on my face, I feel groggy and nauseated all day until I do.

3. I am so jumpy. Some days are worse than others but even if I know you're there or hear you coming if you say or do something just right, I'll jump and then get sad that you scared me. Oh, and most of the time I hate watching fireworks because I'm just scared the whole time from the bangs.

4. I always make lists for things. Whether it's packing or shopping (not only just groceries, I often make lists for things I want like a white collared shirt, etc.) and to-do lists, they're so helpful since my memory has been gone lately.

5. I am obsessed with thrift stores. Whenever I go I just buy things that I think are cute without even thinking if I really need them. It's like I think I'm getting everything for free, but I'm definitley not.

6. I have to fall asleep with a little bit of my blanket tuffed up to cover my ears. This started as a noise blocker from loud roommates, then turned into a cold blocker and now I just can't fall asleep without it.

7. After I do my hair in the morning and have gel/hairspray on my hands I have to scrub my hands for like 5 minutes with a rough scrub brush to make sure I get it all off so that I don't feel it anymore and my hands are completely clean. I love clean hands.

8. I set 5 alarms in the morning. This is for two good reasons, one: often times I like to wake up slowly and don't jump out of bed very well (i literally can't walk) and two: I often have strange dreams so when my alarm goes off it's just incorporated into my dream and I don't comprehend it as my alarm. (just the other night I had a dream about a buzzing leaf-shaped tool that I was using to cook something...it was not a buzzing leaf-shaped tool at all.)

9. I bite my nails when I'm stressed and/or angry. Its become well known to me that when school is out my nails will get long. Therefore you can see my struggle as I try to be stressed in planning the wedding, and having long nails on my wedding. Nearly impossible.

10. I count syllables. And in order for me to be satisfied with a sentence, the syllables have to divisible by four. In order to get more syllables I count commas and periods and dots over 'i's. For example the sentence "Robert is engaged to me." has 12 syllables-not 7 like most people think. (i.e.: Robert (2 syllables) is (2 syllables incl. "dot" for the 'i') engaged (2 syllables) to (1 syllable) me (1 syllable) period (4 syllables, inlc."dot" for the 'i') And I do this alot, I'm not incredibly fast or anything. But I'd say I do it at least 15-20 times a day. That is by far my quirkiest quirk.



hmm...I'm a strange girl.

3 comments:

dre said...

I used to count syllables

bethanyr32 said...

Mike leaves cabinets open too, but I'm not sure why. He's almost knocked himself out a few times because of it.

Natalie said...

you should get those quiet close drawers/cabinets they have at ikea.