21 October 2010

day Twenty.

day 20: a letter to someone that changed your life

Just one someone? How do I choose between all my family members? Well obviously my mom changed my life and continues to change it day-to-day.
And I already wrote a letter to Robert...
So oddly enough this letter is going to Mr. Tremonti, my Middle School band director (I played the clarinet)

Dear Mr. Tremonti,

Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for realizing that every time someone "challenged" me to move up a chair that I was just so gosh awful nervous that my hands wouldn't stay steady and that's why I lost every time. Thank you especially for the time I lost and you decided to add a 10th chair to 1st clarinet, making me the only 7th grader playing 1st clarinet. Because I could hit the notes, and you knew it.
Thank you for lecturing us everyday that life is hard, so be quiet and play.
Thank you for making us watch "The Music Man" at least 3 times a year.
I say thank you for all these things because I'm pretty sure you took a beyond shy 11 year-old girl and helped her see that she is good at things, but mostly that people believe in her.

That lesson definitely changed me for good.

take care,
Kari Williams (Simonsen)

No comments: