15 October 2010

day Nineteen.

day 19: whatever tickles your fancy

Oh I had a nightmare last night. A nightmare of great nightmarish proportions. It was like I was 8 again, I couldn't sleep and every creek in the house had me repeating "it was just a dream, it was just a dream, it was just a dream."

The only thing keeping me from turning on all the lights in the house, picking up my phone and dialing my momma is that I know she'd have it in for me for calling her at 3am.
You're welcome mom.

I feel the need to explain my dream so that it doesn't haunt me anymore. So here it goes:

I was busy getting lost and then studying (for Robert's test for him) on the LB state campus (but of course it looked nothing like LB state.). The sun was setting and it was so shockingly beautiful that everyone in the area (the library had quickly transformed into an outdoor eating/relaxing area overlooking a lake - naturally) had stopped what they were doing and were taking photos on their phones and most likely posting them on twitter.

Suddenly I'm at my mom's house. Inside and out running frantically searching for her.

Next thing I know I'm on the driveway looking into the opened garage door. There is a man that resembles someone I know, but don't really know. He is searching for something. My mom's garage is a mess (which is SO not my mom's garage) And I ask him where my mom is. He starts rambling saying something about "we need to figure out what to do with it", I scream at him "what happened?!?" as I notice fallen boxes in the corner. He starts explaining that "you shouldn't leave a chainsaw hanging around, someone might fall on it." He's nervous and obviously crazy and soon I realize that under those fallen boxes is my mother, she was gone and this man did it.
So I start to run, not sure where to go as the neighbors I never knew, but one. Sister Kaiser, yes, Sister Kaiser will help me.
Dream ends with me sobbing and running (but not getting anywhere of course) and looking behind me to see that no one is following me.

ick. ick. ick. There is NOTHING worse than having a dream about a dead loved one, let alone your mother.

I looked up on dream interpretation websites what some of it could mean, I thought this was interesting:
Death:
In dreams, death is a metaphor for change and separation.

All I know is it freaked me out, it's been a long time since I've had that strong of an emotion in a dream.
And thankfully Robert was up to riding his bike along side of me on my run this morning. Because I was not about to go outside, in the dark, with dream murderers out there.


Also, I love you mom, you better live until you're at least 100.

No comments: