18 September 2009

falling into fall.

circa October 2006

Every year around this time (well for the past 2 years...) as the cold weather happens sooner in the day and the shadows cast richer by 3 o'clock I revert back to when this was all new to me. Back to when life as I knew it was changing, and boy I welcomed it with open arms.

I remember blogging less and less and keeping what I said about him vague and mysterious as to hope no one would figure it out. It was something so special and so sacred to me that I just couldn't express my feelings if I tried.

On the 26th of October 2006 I first mentioned him:
"...and if i could make one wish come true right now, it would be for this frustration to end. a pleasant yet aggravating surprise last night, on his little skateboard down the street and then sitting so far away. it's almost like the fact that this would be worth it, that is making me stand across the room. quiet as ever."
It was my first clue as to his interest, but I refused to believe it.

On the 29th of November 2006 I wrote:
"...on friday, we did the unthinkable. with disneyland passes tomorrow there will be more."
It was our first date. It was unthinkable because it actually happened. Little did I know that 2 years later we'd be on our honeymoon at that time.

Finally on the 3rd of January 2007 I wrote:
"...it's real, it's fun, it's genuine, it's slow, and it's just what I needed/wanted. oh, ro-bear."

It was final, my heart had been stolen. I was his forever, and I knew it. Even though the thought of him and I being official boyfriend and girlfriend still freaked him a little(hence us dating for so long).

We were there to stay. and so we stayed and here we are. forever.


So this is fall to me, a time to wear new coats, new boots and old faithful scarfs. Decorate your home in rich pumpkin colors and admire the power of this world in the storms and magnificent clouds. Also, enjoy freezing empty nights at Disneyland with the love. And remembering it was this miracle of fall into winter that brought us together.
Disneyland, December 2006


love you shmoops.

No comments: