15 April 2008

happy tax day.

there's a lady in my office, she has a good office, one wall is pure windows overlooking most of HB and its my only way to see if the sun has come out yet today, and she constantly has her blinds closed. so strange, doesn't she know?

i love the smell of air conditioning, it might have something to do with the fact that i replaced my vent stuff a couple months ago and really haven't used my A/C since, but i love the smell. sometimes i breathe it too much and get a little dizzy, its true.

a presentation on tolstoy this thursday, on a story about a horse, i dont like horses. i always thought those girls in middle school who were like obsessed with horses were weirdos. but now because i've procrastinated all semester, i have to talk about horses, not puppies. :(

i got really sick of the radio yesterday, mostly because i found myself in-tune with pop culture, and that hasn't happened in years it seems, i like shrugging my shoulders when people ask me if i heard that so in so is being sued for this or that. i also really love not knowing any new celebrities. that being said, i turned to what i do know...yes yes yes here we go, nsync has got the flow.

i was looking at old photo albums at julie's house on saturday and i realized a few things, 1. how dare anyone let me out of the house with ginormous bangs that formed a triangle poof on my forehead, 2. i have lost weight as i've grown up and moved to the OC, my face is not as round as it once was and for this i am satisfied, and 3. if there's one constant in my life, its my family.

i feel like i've been through a million loops in my life of trying to find who i belong to or what kind of friendship groups suit me best, first there was the colorguard ladies, then there was the 2nd ward girls, then the kohl's krew, then mega and all her buddies, then the mountain people, then the originals from casa verde and old piersiders, and now the one and only roberto and all his funny characters (which are the cream of the crop i might add). and then there's my sisters who always make me laugh, and trevor who will always be more of a friend or father than a brother to me and mike who i don't talk to enough but know we're the most alike in alot of ways. and my momma, who knows everything.

that's where i want to be.


and off i go,
i just hope we don't talk about feminism in 20th century art again today, i felt like i should go see the bishop after last weeks lecture, another check in the "i will not be apart of the art world like this" box.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

i LOVE the new picture on top-- is that at your house? SO pretty. And all I have to say is your family is the bomb.com (yeah, that just happened, i'm sorry) and if i had a window to the beach not only would the blinds be up, but it would be wide open. I even keep my snowy window mountain blinds up, but not open- that's a death wish. Oh and tax day indeed, i opened an IRA, i guess it's supposed to give you money when you're old, retirement here I come! erm, I'll see you in a week and two days.