01 February 2006

What kind of bird you are?





I believe there are few people in this world that we meet, within which lies a deep connection of our two souls. This friendship cannot be learned or gradually gained. It's like art, you can learn all the skills, but without talent you have nothing. This connection you are born with. And I'm embracing every moment of it.
I work with a lady who was born in Bulgaria, she went to medical school and is a trained neurologist...and she is now living in Southern California working at Kohl's due to the fact that her schooling is no good in America. She is a genius. We take our lunches together and she tells me of her country and the love they share there in their now ex-communist times. She makes me laugh harder than most people I know, with her whit and bluntness, she has no fear, no shame, she will tell you as it is. "What kind of bird you are?" she asked a co-worker of ours who was dressed as a 20s flapper with feathers in her hair on Halloween. She takes joy in art and I take joy in her love for it. She is teaching me day by day to be who I want to be, love who I want to love, live my life while I am young and to not marry until I'm 30. I love this woman, I'm sure I always will. She tells me to move to Chicago and "live in the arts"...we shall see. When I told her of my possibility of moving to Long Beach to stay close with family and friends, she almost seemed dissappointed in me...the look on her face still strikes my heart.

I seemed to be inspired after I talk on the phone with him. This is good.

No comments: