18 March 2010

eat, pray, love.




I could go on and on about my love for the book I'm reading by Elizabeth Gilbert...and I'm not even halfway done.

for now I'll share this quote:

"...[My guru] says that people universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you are fortunate enough. But that's not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it."
— Elizabeth Gilbert

Granted, I have very LITTLE in common with Elizabeth Gilbert (she divorced her husband once realizing she didn't want babies - NOT EVER HAPPENING to me.), I think she approaches the human condition very nicely.
Because even though I've never been divorced and I yearn for the day I have a bouncy-baby of my own on my lap, I think we all need to be reminded how good life is, and what a blessing it is.

If you need something to read, I reccommend it.

Oh, and they're making a movie of it with Julia Roberts coming out this summer.
see it here.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

You don't know me, but I love your blog. Fun. And I am also reading Eat, Pray, Love right now and LOVE it!